Thursday, 29 October 2015

I FIT INTO MY DRESS YESTERDAY

I FIT INTO MY DRESS YESTERDAY


A certain Monday evening at 5.20pm before our workout began, one of our clients responds to 'How was your weekend?' with 'It was great and you know what.. I fit into my dress yesterday. My figure hugging dress that I hadn't worn in 2 years, and yesterday it fit perfectly'. Zoned out for a few seconds and I was happily & internally dancing in excitement.

This is one of the greatest compliments I've ever received, considering we had only been working out for 3 months with this particular client. One of my greatest accomplishments(and I've won the Kenyan premier league 3 times in a row and it still doesn't compare to this). This has my limbic brain is all fired up; the part of the brain that is responsible for feelings and emotion as I write this.
Yes, my clients come to me on a daily basis and say 'I feel better, I'm more energetic, I'm stronger, my pains have disappeared'... But these things I expect, they're part of the goals that I set for myself with any new client. But this one, this dress one was unique, personal and very heartfelt (And you know that's the stuff I like). I'm not surprised the dress was never thrown out, but it sure was a surprise that she kept trying to fit in and couldn't wait to tell me the minute it fit.. ONCE AGAIN. I felt connected, like we're in this together. She believed in me. The need for a connection or belonging is not rational, it's a constant, I'm just comfortable enough to admit mine.

I thought about that conversation the entire weekend. The more I thought about it, the more I wanted that feeling again & again, and of course that sort of excitement from a client.

For this to be achieved of course it means that I should dedicate more of my time & energy to it and this IS EXACTLY WHY DELIBERATE FITNESS IS MOVING TO KARURA FOREST SIGIRIA GATE, OFF THIGIRI RIDGE ON THIGIRI LANE. Our doors will be open from 7.00a.m.-7pm, Monday-Friday and not just 5.25-6.30pm. You and I no longer have to wait for Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Anyday, whatever time you're available, just call, book your slot, pop in, train and leave. No more YMCA, no more Monday, Wednesday & Friday.

We may not all fit into that dress because some of my clients are men, but this It's a pretty good start towards constantly closing the gap between where you are and where you want to be. And fitting into that dress is not the end(although It's a pretty good place to be) it's An EVER onward almost. We have a name for it here, the Deliberate Incomplete.

Your challenge for the week, find your dress and let's try and fit into it, together. Let's both put in more time and energy. See you in Karura, Sigiria Gate... ANYTIME, ANYDAY.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment