It’s been a while since we last talked. I’m back after a fun client appreciation day, ‘an Eye-closing event’ (What’s an eye closing Event- the one that you attend hoping for an experience but you end up dozing), work that turned into a vacation or vacation that turned into work, DELIBERATE FITNESS EXPANSION and of course proudly being crowned Kenya Premier League Champions for the third consecutive year. Been all over the place, but this is the stuff that great stories are made of.
Here’s a series of the first 3 emails/blog posts from all my travels and up &abouts;
We played Pictionary during client appreciation day, and I discovered how bad a Pictionary player I am coming in a close second after Sheldon Cooper of the Big Bang Theory (Yes that Bad). It being as simple as defining a word with nothing but pictures, I somehow managed to complicate it. My team could hardly understand a thing I drew, while to me it was clear as day and I had done my best.....ish. It’s not that I couldn’t understand the words, I could and it’s not that I couldn’t communicate the same, again I could, but I COULDN’T DRAW (still can’t draw, I had gone for games during the arts & crafts lessons) OR EXPRESS MYSELF IN PICTURES, Pictionary is simply not for me. I have other ways of expressing myself and i'll stick to those.
That's me trying to draw.... Can you see people's concerned faces!!!
Every time somebody tells me ‘I’m doing insanity at home & still not losing weight or my friend lost a ton of weight from this diet but it’s not working for me or I’ve started a 30-Day challenge; sugar, gluten, carb name them ….. I replay the visual of myself playing Pictionary. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with insanity, or 30-day challenges… There are a lot of things wrong with Diets though, BUT, all these things did not have YOU in mind when they were being designed. Despite them being designed by the most intelligent coaches alive, THEY ARE NOT FOR YOU. So just like I ended up frustrating my team trying to figure out what’s in my head, going gluten-free for 30 days are you’re not even gluten intolerant will only end one way… FRUSTRATION!
So how come these challenges, diets & DVDs work for some people?? We need to get a good look at who these ‘some people’ are because the closer you are to the couch, the more options you have that will result in improvement. But the higher the level of fitness we require the more appropriate and specific the training must be. So I’m going to stay away from Pictionary, but you need to stay fit and healthy. What’s the solution then? GET A COACH/TRAINER (Deliberate Fitness). Find something that is meant for you, designed for you, which will work for you. Usually it’s the same thing as everybody else it’s the interpretation and the small tweaks to actually fit your needs that matter & make all the difference. A photocopy is a photocopy, but how I draw it to describe it to my team makes all the difference. A squat is a squat, how and what I do it with makes all the difference.
| Photocopy being drawn... Look at people's faces. |
Find us at The YMCA State Hse Rd. for our group Personal Training Sessions Every Monday, Wednesday & Friday at 5.25-6.30pm. And………………….. Introducing new Sessions at Karura forest, Sigiria Gate along Thigiri Ridge Every Tue & Thur same time 5.25-6.30pm. Plus Saturday Mornings. People along Westlands, Peponi Rd. Thigiri, and Spring Valley you no longer have an excuse.
Cheers!
No comments:
Post a Comment